A regular feature of the AWC Summit is the Innovation Showcase. At the event in London, six companies took turns pitching their technologies, with the delegates voting to award one company as the winner. The companies were:
The Innovation Showcase
At the event in London, six companies took turns pitching their technologies, with the delegates voting to award one company as the winner. The companies were:
- Amferia– a Swedish company that is developing antimicrobial peptides for use in a variety of applications and carriers. The Company has made an FDA submission and is currently operating within the veterinary market.
- Healthy.io– an Israeli digital organization that has launched Minuteful for Wound. The app is being used widely in the UK and has shown positive impacts on treatment, such as a 33% reduction in antimicrobial usage.
- Hybrisan– a Welsh medtech product development company that has an antibiofilm technology called WoundSan. The solution can be used alongside existing antimicrobials such as silver and the company is in discussions with potential commercial partners.
- Plasma4– a British cold plasma company spun out from the University of Lancaster. The product applies the treatment through a dressing.
- SmartWound– a British biophysical chemistry company that has developed infection-sensing technologies within dressings or via a swab. The Company believes the test can be undertaken for around $6, making it less expensive than other alternatives.
- SolasCure– this UK-based business has been visible on the market for a few years with its enzymatic debridement technology, Aurase. The product is moving towards its IIb clinical study and is unlikely to reach the market before 2028.
That interview, titled "Combating Biofilms at Every Stage of Wound Care," is featured in this post on the SmartTRAK blog.
SmartTRAK is the Medtech industry’s only global Insights-as-a-Service solution for the Orthopedics, Wound Care, Regenerative Medicine and Neuro Therapy markets. SmartTRAK’s propriety methodology turns disparate data from hundreds of sources into powerful insights customers can rely on as the trusted source for strategic decision-making. The SmartTRAK enterprise platform includes rich daily updates, comprehensive market coverage and simple-to-use tools and dashboards for market, product and financial analysis. Customers leveraging the SmartTRAK platform also have direct access to market experts for inquiries and advisory services. If you would like a demo of what SmartTRAK offers and how we can help increase proficiency, improve productivity and reduce costs for your company, just click here.