In this interview, Prof. Dózsa unveils his groundbreaking pressure injury (PI) prevention costing model. With a 20-year background in health economics, he embarked on this journey from Hungary's National Health Insurance Fund. His expertise shaped the German DRG point system locally and steered home care development. Establishing Med-Econ Ltd., he delved into diverse health economic studies, culminating in a sophisticated, non-linear model for PI prevention costs.
- Can this model be used in any health and political environment?
- How does the use of this model affect a hospital's use of dressings?
- How would you describe the cost structure of prevention and treatment?
- Can this model and its outcome lead to systemic changes?
- How long would it take a hospital or hospital system to adapt the model to their data?
- Can this model be used equally in the case of higher-risk patients, older patients or in hospitals that see proportionally more of these patients?
SmartTRAK is the Medtech industry’s only global Insights-as-a-Service solution for the Orthopedics, Wound Care, Regenerative Medicine and Neuro Therapy markets. SmartTRAK’s propriety methodology turns disparate data from hundreds of sources into powerful insights customers can rely on as the trusted source for strategic decision-making. The SmartTRAK enterprise platform includes rich daily updates, comprehensive market coverage and simple-to-use tools and dashboards for market, product and financial analysis. Customers leveraging the SmartTRAK platform also have direct access to market experts for inquiries and advisory services. If you would like a demo of what SmartTRAK has to offer and see how we can help increase proficiency, improve productivity and reduce costs for your company, just click here.