For Q120, according to BioMedGPS’ SmartTRAK Financial Dashboard, WW Advanced Wound Care (AWC) revenues for Advanced Dressings, External Devices and Biologics was up +2.2% YoY. Many companies commented on the impact of COVID-19 on their business performance. Overall, the impact in Q120 was limited, as the pandemic hit in March in most countries, whereas Jan and Feb were more business as usual. All are expecting a more severe impact in Q220, and almost all companies have withdrawn their FY20 projections.
- Revenue & Shares of Adv. Dressings, External Devices and Biologics
- COVID-19 Effect on Overall Market
- Impact of COVID-19 Among Market Leaders
- Wound Biologics – Mixed Results
- NPWT – Single-use Devices Remain Strong
- Advanced Dressings – Limited COVID-19 Impact
- Constant and Reported Growth analysis for Key Companies
High exposure to China will have a greater impact in Q120 and a less severe impact is expected in Q220. The two leading examples are Smith & Nephew* (S+N) and Coloplast*. S+N saw their Advanced Wound Care segment, primarily dressings, decline -6.7%, largely impacted by restrictions in APAC. Coloplast, with China being its largest wound market, saw sales drop. Wounds are most often treated in hospitals in China and ...