For Q319, according to SmartTRAK’s Financial Dashboard, WW Advanced Wound Care (AWC) revenue for Advanced Dressings, External Devices and Biologics was up +5.9% YoY.Acelity remained the WW AWC market leader, up +6.3% YoY, driven by Prevena and the Crawford acquisition. WW Advanced Dressings saw several strong shifts in the ranking of companies, with ConvaTec moving up to the 2nd position, surpassing Smith + Nephew (S+N), after ConvaTec recovering, but S+N facing continued declining growth. Mölnlycke led the market and Coloplast was the strongest growing of the top four. The total market was up +3.2% YoY. US Skin/Dermal Substitute (CTP) revenue increased, with xenografts, especially Organogenesis’ PuraPly, driving gains. WW NPWT was up +8.2% YoY, with traditional devices up +3.4% and single-use...
- Solid Growth In All AWC Segments
- Wound Biologics – All Segments of the CTP Market Show Strong Gains
- Q319 US Skin Substitute (CTPs) Revenue and Market Shares
- External Devices – Single-use NPWT Continues to be Growth Engine
- Advanced Dressings – ConvaTec Surpasses S+N
- Growth Analysis on Reporting Companies
- Other Q319 AWC Market Happenings
The US Wound Biologics market, comprising the vast majority of the global biologics market includes the very competitive Cellular and/or Tissue-Based Products (CTPs or skin/dermal substitutes), the Topical Drug/Delivery category and Collagen Dressings. For Q319, the US market reached $ , +9.4% YoY with CTPs leading the gains, accounting for...