SmartTRAK reports that In Q319, the WW Trauma Market (defined as fixation of the pelvis, femur & proximal/shaft portion of the tibia) increased +3.7% (as reported), with the US posting +4.6% growth. Q319 WW share leaders remained relatively steady compared to last year, with top trauma player DePuy Synthes, followed by Stryker, Zimmer Biomet and Smith & Nephew. The WW Trauma Market Segment shares were...
- Q319 Trauma Market Highlights
- Easy Comps, Stable Pricing Environment
- Healthy Volumes Drive the Market
- New Product Introductions and Value-Based Care Strategies Impact the Market
- Trauma Regulatory Highlights
Value-based care has remained a consistent theme in the trauma arena over the last two-plus years and will continue to impact the segment in the future. Manufacturers are being pushed to provide evidence-based data that supports the claims that new products reduce OR time, improve care or lower costs for the surgery center or hospital. Longtime trauma player Smith & Nephew has benefited from...