Beautiful Gothenburg, Sweden is hosting EWMA 2019 - the European Wound Management Association conference, on June 5-9.
Gothenburg, Sweden's second largest city after Stockholm, located on the coast in southwestern Sweden, is considered "the quintessential 'second city': understatedly hip and unexpectedly vibrant with neoclassical architecture lining its tram-rattled streets, locals sunning themselves beside canals, and always an interesting cultural or social event going on."
Here are some of SmartTRAK's top things to do when taking a break from the conference. And we know what we're talking about - SmartTRAK's Senior Analyst, Advanced Wound Care, Lennart Stadler lives there!
- Enjoy Liseberg - A fantastic amusement park, right across the street from the conference, with themed rides, performance venues and a landscaped sculpture garden.
- Explore Universeum - Just across the street from Congress Hall, it features scientific topics presented in engaging ways and has a host of animal exhibits over seven floors, with an immense ocean tank inhabited by sharks and tropical species (and, by sheer coincidence, it is also the location for SmartTRAK's Dinner Reception and Executive Briefing on Tues, June 4, from 6:30-9:00pm, before the EWMA Conference, when guests will be treated to an aquarium tour, dinner and a briefing on the latest Trends, Opportunities and Innovations in Advanced Wound Care.)
- Drink Craft Beer - Gothenburg is one of Europe’s hottest hubs for craft beer.
- Take a Fika (A Swedish coffee break) in Haga, one of the oldest (and hippest) neighborhoods in Gothenburg.
- Seafood, Seafood, Seafood - Gothenburg's coastal location and closeness to the cold waters of the North Sea make it a paradise for those who enjoy fish and seafood. Visit Feskekörka ("Fish Church"), the historic fish market and landmark, established in 1874.
- Visit the Archipelago - find charming villages, stunning nature and beaches.
- Take in some culture at the Gothenburg Museum of Art - explore six floors of extraordinary art from the Renaissance to the present, including works by Rembrandt, Pablo Picasso, Henry Moore and Louise Nevelson.
- Commune with nature at Slottsskogen - Gothenburg's largest park, lined with leafy greenery, and the locals' favorite place to unwind.
- Shop 'til you Drop - Explore small indie shops, international stores and large malls. Gothenburg has an established fashion design scene and many local brands.
- Catch the Göteborg Opera Dance Festival - Celebrate the Art of Dance, June 7-9.
For more information, and other cool things to do and see while in Gothenburg, visit the Welcome to Gothenburg site.
SmartTRAK’s Wound Care Reception will be held on Tuesday, June 4th, 2019 from 18:30 to 21:00 at Universeum Aquarium, Södra Vägen 50, Gothenburg, Sweden. Advanced wound care manufacturers who are interested in attending may register at https://www.smarttrak.com/EWMA. Early registration is encouraged as space is limited.
In the meantime, a few recent Wound Care articles:
- DSM BIOMEDICAL'S MATERIAL CONTRIBUTION TO THE WOUND CARE MARKET - SMARTTRAK INTERVIEWS RAOUL VERHEGGEN
- SAWC FALL 2018: NOVEL COMPRESSION GARMENT FOR COMPLEX EDEMA
- Q418/FY18 ADVANCED WOUND CARE MARKET RECAP