Shifting hospital-based procedures to the ambulatory surgery center (ASC) is one of the biggest opportunities for healthcare savings and the opportunity is especially great for spine given its high acuity procedures like lateral lumbar fusions, 360 fusions and total disc replacements (TDRs) according to the results of SmartTRAK’s recent survey of 30 ortho, spine and neurosurgeons. At this year’s North American Society (NASS) Annual Meeting held in Los Angeles, CA October 18-21, SmartTRAK hosted a standing-room-only reception for industry on the migration of spine procedures into the ASC titled “Targeting the ASC: What Manufacturers Need to Know,” which included panel discussions and presentations focused on the spine market and practice trends. In this article, SmartTRAK highlights the top takeaways from the reception and identifies the latest trends and innovations at NASS affecting growth in the US Spine Market. Topics covered in the article include:
- New Care Models Optimizing Outpatient Spine
- The Motion Preservation “Renaissance” was Hard to Miss
- MIS SI Joint Fusion Systems – A Plethora of Systems, New Devices Launching Ahead of 2024 Reimbursement Changes.
- Will New Interbody Technologies Displace the Need for Biologics?
- Deals Abound: Several Biologics Deals Announced at NASS and After
To download and read the complete "NASS 2023: Trends, Advancing Technologies and New Deals Shaping the Future of Spine" article by Kris Jacques, SmartTRAK's GM, Spine, just click the button below.